Tennis Center Reopening Guidelines
YMCA Arlington Tennis & Squash Center Health and Safety Guidelines
What to bring / Prior to play / Arriving:
- When arriving, please do not approach the main entrance stairs no more than 5 minutes before your scheduled court time. This will help to avoid clusters of members forming and also reduce the risk of crossing paths with others who are leaving the courts. Our expedited check-in process will still allow you enough time to arrive on-court at your scheduled start.
- Prior to each visit, please review the online health screening questions. If you answer “yes” to any or all of the questions please do not come to the Y and contact your health professional.
- Check-in with YMCA staff before proceeding to the tennis courts. During the check-in process, you will complete the health screening questions, your temperature will be checked with a touch-less temperature scanner, and you will be asked to scan your YMCA membership ID card.
- Practice social distancing and keep at least six feet between you and others at all times (including on court).
- Wearing a mask on Y property is required at all times (arriving, checking in, walking to your court, to your exiting). You may remove your mask when you are on-court, ready to play, and at least 6 feet away from your playing partner.
- Please arrive dressed to play tennis. Single-serve restrooms will be available, but locker room changing areas and showers will be closed at this time.
- Please bring your own water bottle filled with water to use as water fountains at the Y will be closed.
- Please bring your own towel.
- Please use hand sanitizer and wash your hands before and after each playing session. Ample sanitizer stations will be available.
- Sanitize your equipment, including racquets and water bottles, prior to and after play. Sharing equipment is not permitted.
- Guests are permitted. Prior to entering the Y, each guest must complete an electronic guest waiver: Click here to complete online.
- A $20 guest fee will be applied at check-in (credit card only). Please email email@example.com for questions.
- Members must make court reservations online via TennisConnect and cards for payment must be on file if receiving tennis instruction. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Your reservation must include the full names of each member who is playing. You can select member names in the drop-down option when making a court reservation on TennisConnect.
- Ball machine use is not permitted during this initial phase.
- Only single player squash play is permitted.
- Member-to-Member play:
- Doubles play is permitted.
- New (unopened) cans of tennis balls are required for each player, with a unique number/mark or brand of balls. Each player should only handle their own tennis ball during play.
- No physical contact is permitted (shaking hands, high fives, etc.)
- Stay on your side of the court (avoid changing ends of the court).
- If an errant ball comes onto your court, the ball should be moved back with your racquet to the appropriate court (do not use your hand).
- Pick up tennis balls using your racquet/foot together. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
- Avoid touching your face after handling the tennis balls or racquet.
- At this time, only private and semi-private lessons will be permitted to occur. This includes the coach and up to two members. Please adhere to the following:
- During instruction, all on-court must always be at least 6 feet apart at all times.
- Members will not be permitted to touch/handle any coaching equipment.
- Only coaches will be permitted to pick up tennis balls. Participants can assist by moving the tennis balls with their racquets to a space for retrieval.
- For lessons that include serving, members should bring two cans of new tennis balls that only they handle for serving and take home after the lesson.
- If a member is not comfortable or unwilling to follow these protocols, the lesson will be rescheduled at a later date when restrictions have been lifted.
- At the end of play, please exit the court no later than 5 minutes before the end of your reservation time. If you are playing for 1 or 2 hours, the first bell ring is an indicator that 5 minutes remain. No extra-curricular or social activity should take place. Avoid congregating on court and outside of the Y after playing.
- Please leave the court, using the nearest exits that serve your court, and follow directional signs to avoid pass others when exiting the building.
- Wash your hands thoroughly or use hand sanitizer.
For questions regarding membership, programs, and services (including permanent court time), please email email@example.com.